Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine Crafts

I'm not usually one to decorate for the non-holiday holidays such as Valentines Day (I figure if you don't get a day off of work, does it really count??). But then I kept seeing really cute crafts that I wanted to make. And they were just so cheery and since I took down my Christmas decor I've been feeling kind of depressed with the plain and/or winter themed decor (and by decor, I mean the one wreath I made to make myself feel less like all the decor was gone after Christmas).

So over the weekend I went out and got supplies to make the following:
 A heart pillow, that I saw on pinterest. Mine's not done, so this is her picture.


 An argyle wreath. Is this not the most adorable wreath ever? Mine looks just like hers, but it's smaller. I'll show you soon. I promise.

 This was my TV watching project. Pillow hearts! I need many, many more to fill my jar. Well, maybe 4 more. They only take a few minutes. I was lazy and did a whip stitch instead of the blanket stitch like hers above because I didn't want to have to go to youtube and look it up. Yup, that lazy.

Then I thought it would be fun to whip something up for the girls. Why not heart flower hairclips? I started these last week, but didn't get back to them until this weekend. This is what they're supposed to look like:

Mine do not. They're kind of wonky. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to save them. Ha!

Do you decorate for Valentines day?? I've decided I should decorate for all holidays/seasons as a way to hide my lack of anything remotely close to home decor style...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.