Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Crafts

Are you ready for some Christmas crafts? I'm ready to show you! This is some of the stuff that has taken up a bunch of my time. These things have actually been given away or are on display, the rest are gifts, so you have to wait another week. :)

This wreath is made 100% out of paper with the exception of the bow and the wood ornament that is covered in paper. Even the form is paper. I twisted kraft paper and spray painted it black to make the form. It used to be a better circle. But then at some point during the drying, it turned kind of heart shaped. The rest of the paper strips, dipped in (a lot of) modpodge, and twisted and then glued to the form. I got the idea from Whipperberry.


 These silver and pearl napkin rings are something else I made to give away. I love them, so I'm going to have to make a set for myself. I got the idea here.


These ornaments are some of the many I made this year. The back one is filled with part of a red feather boa (I need to make some like this for myself, because I really like the look), I wish you could see it better in the picture, but I was dealing with night light. Then there is, going down clockwise, the music ones with a jingle bell. I made a bunch of these. One for each of the girls, as well as one for each of my students. The last one, is done with paint. It's red and white (you can kind of see the white stripe on the left), but the pinkish side is showing more. Mady and I made an ornament for her using the same technique. I really should take a picture of it. But if you're at my house, it's the only coloured ornament on my entire tree. :)

All of these crafts I gave away to a special friend, surprising her with little care packages. Which crosses another item off the list. But I didn't do it to cross off the item, I just noticed it was on the list and that technically I completed it. :)

Those are a couple of my craft efforts this year. What have you made?

1 comment:

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.