Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Garden Train



I'm sure I've mentioned before that Mark is a little obsessed with trains. He's passed this gene onto Mady.

In my inbox last week I got an invite to one of my best friend's parent's house for an afternoon of the "Running of the Trains." Her dad is one of the engineers (or would they be called conductors?) that appeared at the SuperTrain show we went to in the spring.


In their backyard they have a full garden train set up. HOW COOL IS THAT??

They even have a footbridge that the train goes under. Katie thought that was the best thing ever and with her new ability to walk spent much of the time figuring out how to walk up it, but was confused by the incline.

I would like to draw everyone's attention to Kate's ponytail. The first time I have ever gotten one in that she didn't rip out 2 minutes later. Yeah!!
Mady preferred to follow the trains around and around in circles.

My favourite part (and some how I didn't even think to take a picture of it) is that the train goes right across their deck. They removed some of the floor boards and laid down track. How fun is that??



Each child who came received a scavenger hunt list of items to find that were hidden around the garden and train tracks, in the little mini villages and such. As a prize they got a train whistle. Mady thinks it's the coolest thing ever. Now that she's finally figured out how it works. Mommy may make is disappear...



We came home and I could see the wheels turning in Mark's head as he tried to figure out how much grass (that he hates mowing) could be removed to make such a train set up in our back yard. Hehe!



Thanks Stan and Charlotte for the fun afternoon!


3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I know a little boy who would LOVE that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that is sooo cool! I take it they don't get much bad weather there. lol
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone loves a train and the minitures are even better

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.