Monday, July 25, 2011

Christmas in July: Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies: Day 8

You know how they say the average person gains 8 pounds over the holiday season? Well, I'd propose that a solid 3 of those pounds for me come from these cookies.

They're pretty and chocolate and solidly addicting. Proceed with caution.

DO make a plan to make these, but with that plan choose some friends to indulge with. You know, share the weight gain. They'll thank you later (no really they will because these cookies are that good!).


I wanted to make these with mint chocolate chips instead of the bakers chocolate just for a different flavour, but my grocery store didn't have mint chocolate chips (What?! Is that a seasonal item? I may have to switch stores if this sort of behaviour continues). Anyway, know that is an option if you've got too much chocolate type cookies on your list (that's not possible!).





Chocolate Crinkles
(another one from Company's Coming. This one from the Cookies book)

Here is what you'll need:

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (you KNOW I always use butter)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4x 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares, melted

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup icing sugar

Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs one a time. Mix in vanilla and chocolate. Stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to butter mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls (don't make them bigger. I use my small scoop from pampered chef to size them). Roll balls in icing sugar. Coat well (you can see in my picture that I didn't dust off the extra. You totally could so there is less to fall off everywhere). Arrange on greased baking sheet. Bake in 350ºF oven for 8-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft (mine were more soft on the inside, but crisp on the outside. Not so soft that they fold themselves in half if you hold them on the edge in one hand. Just so you know.) Makes about 6 dozen.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.