Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hair Bows

A birthday outfit wouldn't be complete without hair bows, right?

Well, at least not in my mind.

I had tons of fabric leftover from making the poodle skirts for the girls (even with plans to make matching appliques for their shirts) so I decided to make something for their hair!

I went the simple approach and ruffled strips of fabric (2 inches wide for Mady's, 1 inch wide for Kate's) that were the width of the fabric that I bought. Then I glue-gunned them onto some felt and then layered an alligator clip between another layer of felt. I think it took less than 15 minutes to make both. The fabric WILL fray, but I kind of like the look that it gives. And really, for 15 minutes, I don't care if it frays.

One for the Birthday Girl!

And a mini one for her sister
I kind of realized this week that the party is NEXT WEEKEND. And all the things that I have to do in the mean time. Gulp. Why do I do this to myself?? (because I love it, silly!)

Mark is out of town working the Stanley Cup finals games in Vancouver (television broadcasting stuff), so I'm using the opportunity to make my evening family times with the girls fun stuff like shopping for party supplies and making the decorations and other such things that Daddy doesn't really enjoy. It's slowly starting to come together. But I felt like I needed to take time last night to whip these up because aren't hair bows basically the cherry on top of the birthday girl's head? Or something like that...


1 comment:

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.