Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sister Birthday cards

So remember when I decided that I was going to make home made birthday cards for my entire family for a year? Well we certainly have a birthday season and we are right in the middle of it! I was smart and pre-designed most of the cards back in January and so now I'm just going through cutting them out and putting them together. Between the middle of March and the middle of July we have birthdays almost every week. Some weeks even have 2 or 3. And the one space that I get a break from birthdays has mother's day in the middle so I won't really get a break from cards. Good thing it's something I enjoy.



Since I designed these in January, I was still getting used to my silhouette, the software and all the things a person can do with the machine. To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. So I did what any normal person would do. I went to the silhouette Flickr page and used other peoples' ideas. So if you see a card design that you came up with, thanks for helping me out!

This was the card I made for my big sister Jen's birthday. I was trying some new colour combos.

This was for my sister-in-law, Debbie's card. She likes flower so I thought she might like this. 


I used my cuttlebug to make the embossing on the white layer and I used versamark to add some texture on the purple layer.

I know these both use teal, but would believe I've had it in my stash for 5 years and maybe only used it once?



linking up here:
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Homemade cards are THE best!!! Love both that you showed us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by to say Hi from the Blog Guidebooks blog Club. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, you have some beautiful little girls :)
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo in the first card - very beautiful! I never thought of Flickr as a place to get card ideas....I will definitely have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.