Monday, February 21, 2011

Silhouette Birthday Cards

So this year was a "big" birthday year for my Mother-in-law and my Sister-in-law. In January they celebrated turning 60 and 30. Of course, since I received my Silhouette for Christmas I was told that my cards needed to be impressive this year. Oh the pressure! I totally took way too long to make these (after trying out a few different design ideas), but they did make it to them and so they get to count toward my list.

Here is my Mother-in-law's card.


I love the background on this one. But I also found it hard to add layers without hiding too much of it.

And this is the one for my sister-in-law.


I'm totally in love with this ribbon style. I may use it way too much in the future. In case you can't tell, the ribbon is behind a lifted page to create a 3D type look. But how cute is that? I got the idea for this one off the Silhouette Flickr group.

Have you made any cards lately? I'm looking for ideas for Male Birthday cards. They are NOT easy even with a fun machine to cut them.


linking up here:
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.