Friday, November 5, 2010

Potato Heads and Puzzles

Potato Heads


This is a page I'm totally excited about! I wish I could take credit for it, but I got the idea (and the templates) from this blog. You really need to look at her book. It's amazing. And if I wasn't already trying to cut down pages I would make her hamburger.

Originally I had wanted to do a plain face and then create some face parts for it to create silly faces. I looked for templates and couldn't find any. I'm NOT an artist in the least, so when I saw this page, I knew this was the way to go.

This is actually my second attempt at the page. I got all the pieces made and then sewed the body and arms onto the back ground. I didn't realize anything was wrong until I took this picture:



And these ones:




Whoops! I totally put the arms too high. Did I mention I don't have a seam ripper? Good thing it wasn't a lot of stitches. I put it back together.



Ah, that's better.

And of course, if you have a mister, you need a misses.



The basket and clothesline hold all their items. And, if I want to make a "specialty spud" I can easily whip up more potato parts. So fun!





Puzzles
This was another idea that I got from someone else. Her pages are so pretty. I had visions of making mine like this, but I needed to cut down the number of pages and I've already spent 3 months on this book. I needed to simplify. So, the dark blue is the mat and the light blue is the pockets for the pieces. I added snaps to close them after this picture was taken as I was afraid the pieces would fall out.


This page is hard. I know this is one she will have to grow into.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.