Saturday, October 23, 2010

Better Late Than Never, Right??

So this is a post I've been meaning to put up for forever. Well, a month anyway. I don't even have a good excuse, just sheer procrastination.

September 19th marked a special day for Baby Kaitlyn as we dedicated her at church.



Since our church is large, we do private dedications with family and friends. Pastor Pam, who is our children's ministry pastor (and my boss when I'm not on mat-leave) did the dedication.



Kaitlyn, it is our prayer that you grow to love and serve Jesus with your whole heart. We want you to know that God made you, He loves and wants to be your friend forever!


(I would just like to point out that I have the EXACT same expression as my mom in this picture.)



Mady decided she didn't want to sit with her family and instead sat with her friend, Makenna, whom she adores.



On the morning of the dedication we planned that we would arrive early to do pictures with Mark's family while the girls were happy. Well in true two year old fashion, Mady decided she didn't want to smile. Her facial expressions still make me giggle, though.


With Daddy, Madelyn and Mommy, a few attempts.





We had to pull out a few tricks to get Mady to smile. Unfortunately, they didn't exactly work.



What can I say? She loves her Daddy!




With Grandma and Grandpa



With Auntie



Unfortunately I completely forgot that I was going to do pictures with my family after. So, sorry to my family that I forgot and sorry to Kaitlyn that your baby book won't be as complete as Madelyn's. I guess that's life as a second-born and if she complains I'll share my woes as a third-born, its even worse.


And of course, we always take advantage of an excuse to party! Here is the mini-dessert table I did (this was before lunch so I didn't want to go too overboard).



Ignore the stuff in the background. Our church was having a weekend that highlighted the different ministries so they all had boothes set up in the atrium below.

Tissue Paper Pom Flowers


Cupcakes


Sugar Cookies


Marshmallow Pops


Thanks to all our family and friends who came to celebrate with us. You are all so special to our family!



Thanks to Auntie Mel for the pictures (you need a website so I can link to you)

Some things you didn't see (or maybe did, but I'll explain):
-Mady fell face first on the sidewalk just a couple of days prior and gashed up her forehead. Isn't that always the way it goes?
-I purposely put Kate in the pink dress for church and planned to change her just in case she soiled the first outfit (if you know what I mean). Instead she filled her pants during the closing prayer.
-As much as they say you always hear your own child above everyone else's, I know for a fact that Mady was the one talking the most throughout the dedication. I kept hearing "oh, Monkey!" from behind me. I guess that quiet book can't come soon enough. Good thing it was a children's pastor doing the dedication and she doesn't mind children's chatter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.